Monday, April 11, 2011

Wiz Khalifa

If you guys don't already know, I'm a pretty big Wiz Khalifa fan. I heard his "Say Yeah" song over a year ago, but that only caught my attention at Penn State parties, not on my iTouch. Then, about 10 months ago, I started listening heavily to his music.  Downloaded most of his mixtapes, and he just kept growing on me.  Now, I like and respect many other rappers, including lyricists. However, for me to listen to a song for a repeated amount of times, it has to have a catchy beat. That's the main reason why I like Lil' Wayne, Kid Cudi, Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, 2Pac, Drake, and Chip the Ripper (solid lyrics, solid beats).

So after listening to Wiz for a decent amount of time, I managed to snag three tickets to the Waken Baken Tour Stop in Pittsburgh, PA in December 2010. I drove with my girlfriend and my roommate, got a hotel room, and the rest was just non-stop fun. He hadn't put out much since his Kush & Orange Juice Mixtape, but I was confident he'd release some mixtapes or albums in the future.  Then, about two months ago, my AGR fraternity brother, Jordan Rolon, somehow booked Wiz Khalifa to come to Penn State on his tour for a good cause (The Be Easy Paraplegic Fund).  He called many performers' managers over the winter break, and fortunately got Wiz and Mac Miller to accept the offer. Pretty crazy that Khalifa has a "Be Easy" track on two of his mixtapes, too.

Anyways, the show is being held at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA on April 26th. Since Jordan booked the show, our fraternity was awarded backstage passes and front row box seating, pretty awesome. Even though I was eccentric about the opportunity, I recently found out that Jordan actually forfeited the backstage passes for an extra couple thousand dollars towards the charity.  So even though we won't go backstage, I'm happy to know the money is going to a good cause.  There's also another possible outcome that night though: apparently Wiz might come back to our fraternity after the show.  It'd be pretty sick to have an after-party with the Pittsburgh king.  Now, back to the main reason I was blogging about this, haha. I wanted to give you guys my most recent playlist for Wiz Khalifa.  It has all the songs I like the most and the ones I listen to most frequently. Lastly, I put asterisks next to my favorites. Hope you enjoy:

Artist: Wiz Khalifa & Curren$y

Mixtape: How Fly

*Car Service
All Over
*The Check Point
The Planes
S.D.L.
Layover
How Fly
The Life
*Surface To Air
*Over The Building
Rollin Up

Artist: Wiz Khalifa

Mixtape: Star Power

I'm A Star ft. Johnny Juliano
Feels Good
Hero Freestyle
*Be Easy (Remix ft. Boaz, Kev Da Hustla, and Young Ro)
How You Live
My Life ft. Johnny Juliano
*Dope Boyz Freestyle
*Star Power
Like A Star

Mixtape: Burn After Rolling

B.A.R.
Gettin Up
Take Yo Bitch
Young Khalifa
*Say U Will
Timeless
*Won't Land
Great To Be There (Outro)

Mixtape: Cabin Fever

*Cabin Fever
Say Ahh
Phone Numbers ft. Trae Tha Tru
GangBang ft. Big Sean
*Taylor Gang ft. Chevy Woods
Hustlin
Homicide ft. Chevy Woods

Mixtape: Kush & Orange Juice

*Mezmorized
We're Done
Spotlight ft. Killa Kyleon
Never Been
*In The Cut
Still Blazin
Pedal To The Medal ft. Johnny Juliano
*Good Dank
*Supply ft. Nesby Phips

Mixtape: Prince Of The City 2

*Got Damn Love It
*Go'on Hate
Should I Feel Bad
*Gettin It
*Be Easy
Gone
Smokin Good
Who I Am
I Own It!

Album: Rolling Papers

*Fly Solo
On My Level ft. Too $hort
*Wake Up
*No Sleep
When I'm Gone

Mixtape: Deal Or No Deal

Chewy
Friendly ft. Curren$y
*Hit Tha Flo
*Studio Lovin'
*Moola And The Guap ft. L.C. and Lavish
Superstar ft. Johnny Juliano
*Take Away
This Plane

Mixtape: Everything Taylored

Real Estate
I'm On It ft. Big Sean
Inked and Tatted
*Was It
*I Don't Wanna Be You
Back To The Set
*Stanky Leg
Smoker Face
Gobstopper

Mixtape: Flight School

*Boarding Pass
Starstruck (Remix)
*Dreamer
*Material
Get Sum
Name On A Cloud
Wassup
Heart & Soul

Mixtape: Grow Season

*Ya Mean
*When They See Me ft. Weeze
Lifted

Mixtape: Prince Of The City: Welcome To Pistolvania

Oh No

If you're trying to find a website to download all these mixtapes, try Dat Piff. I'm pretty sure it's free to register, and you get up to five mixtape downloads a day.  I'll be posting random blogs in the future, and I'll be sure to cover my other artists' favorites. Thanks for reading! More to come!

-Eric

1 comment:

  1. yay! i am excited to start reading ur blogs!!
    u are the ONE who turned me to his Kush & Orange Juice mixtape! and i never have time to find good tracks to add to my playlists, usually i give my lil bro that job. lol. so thank u!
    and i cant wait to check out some of these tracks!

    ReplyDelete